Sunday, November 13, 2011

Roundup Vlog (yeehaw!) and Burg Hohenzollern

Hey Everyone!
It's my first Vlog! I hope you enjoy it!


Even better than seeing my face, I've also got pictures for you!  Last weekend, Jake had an old high school friend, Carli, come to visit, which gave us an excuse to do some exciting stuff.  The most exciting thing we did was definitely to take a trip up to Burg Hohenzollern, this amazing castle in the area.  It's the seat of the Hohenzollern Family, which (for those of you interested in German History) is the family of Prussian Emperors and Holy Roman Emperors.  Technically, the current prince could be the emperor of the Holy Roman Empire if we still that whole monarchy thing.  We took a tour and lots of pictures and just had a great time.  The leaves were starting to turn, so I snapped tons of pictures of the landscape.  I'm not apologizing for it.  

Anyway, here are some pictures!

From the bus.


Yep. We were going to have to climb that.

Why is everything you want to see uphill?!



No alligators in the moat here!









Carli looks like a professional photographer here!



Awwww.

Mandatory pictures out of the turret.

Oh hey. It's your humble blogger.

And Rachel too.




Rachel and Zach!

"High Voltage. Risk of Danger to Life."
German signage. Inspiring confidence since...
Never.


Zach works on his Spiderman skills


The leaves in this picture are breathtaking.
Also, see the little white church down there?


Carli as a photog!

One of the churches (they have a Catholic one and Lutheran one to be fair).

I hope you enjoyed this super-belated, super-picture heavy post! Hopefully there will be more to come soon.

If you enjoyed the Vlog and want to see more (or if you didn't like it and preferred that I stick to blogging) check out the poll on the left-hand side.  Go ahead and cast your vote! It's open for a week.  Also, if there are topics about Germany that you want me to talk about, feel free to leave a comment! I don't bite.

EDIT: Just found out my Grandma was also responsible for my lovely package of Mac 'n Cheese boxes! Thanks Grandma!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment