Friday, January 10, 2014

Resolutions

Dearest followers,

I hope you all had lovely holidays with your families, friends, and loved ones! I know I did - hence, no blogging for the past couple of weeks.

Okay, so I know New Year's resolutions are apparently now passé - according to some people, even bad for you - but who cares?  They're fun to make and eventually you forget about them.

(Well except randomly for that time in mid-June when you realize that you should have been trying to lose weight, or during the holiday season when you realize you might have to resign yourself to online dating (or a life of spinsterhood) since everyone on Facebook seems to getting engaged or having babies.)

Anyway, here are some of my New Year's resolutions:

  • Be a better blogger - post updates more frequently and maybe think about learning photography.
  • Be a better teacher - get (even) more involved at school and get the English Stammtisch properly started.
  • Learn how to cook more things... Now that I have mastered the art of not burning things and boiling water.
  • Mail postcards to people with more frequency and less insipid messages. 
  • Start seriously reading War and Peace.  I started it and was 100 pages in and then it just sort of became a handy paperweight on my bedside table.  I think we were still peacing at that point?  Or maybe we were warring? I can't even remember.
  • On that note...finish War and Peace.  Along with another stack of books in my room and on my Kindle.
  • And most importantly, go more places and have more adventures!
Of course, these resolutions are added to the perennial ones: become an enlightened despot, rule the world, get a pony...the usual.

I hope to have the blog updated this weekend (fingers crossed) with the last of the adventures I had in Germany before Christmas!

Lots of Love,
Your Humble Blogger

PS. If you want a postcard, shoot me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment