Sunday, May 11, 2014

Blerrrrgggghhhh

Dearest Followers,

I'm so sorry I haven't posted my second installment about Ireland yet.  I was supposed to do it this weekend, but I got really sick starting on Thursday.

I'm currently writing this hopped up on the last of my DayQuil.

 photo monstersincboolalallalala_zpsd381e3ee.gif
So I apologize for any typos or weirdness.

I really just wanted to write this post to say:

a) That being sick is terrible.

Especially when you're in a foreign country and everything closes ridiculously early.

Also when said foreign country doesn't really do over-the-counter cold medicine.

 photo modernfamilyphildeathiscoming_zps9584e288.gif



b) That WebMD is full of it.  

According to my symptoms: shivering, coughing, fever, chest congestion, fatigue, and headaches, I either have: bronchitis, bi-polar disorder, cancer, or Kuru (which for those of you playing at home, is only acquired if you're a native of Papua New Guinea and if you also eat the brains of your ancestors).

But that was enough to freak my cold beleaguered, cough medicine high brain that I should be concerned about all of the above.  Luckily, reason (in form of my mother) intervened via WhatsApp and just told me to have some soup and lie down.

So Happy Mother's Day to you Mom!  Your daughter might be a hypochondriac, but on the bright side, Kuru is off the table.

(But seriously, I might have bronchitis, which, as we all know: "ain't nobody got time for that")

Well, I've exhausted the 15 minutes worth of energy the meds gave me, so I'm crawling back into bed.

 photo sleepykitten_zps793541f7.gif

Night night followers!

Your Humble (And currently sick) Blogger

EDIT: Went to the store today (that was an adventure, with me coughing and wheezing all the way there) and bought an "Erkältungs Tee" because Germans are crazy and wonderful and have thousands of tea varieties, including "You Have a Cold Tea" and I just opened it and I can't help laughing because it comes with a really serious 3 page warning letter about how to use this tea.

But it's really just a green tea mixture with peppermint and chamomile.

 Germans.


No comments:

Post a Comment