Tuesday, October 8, 2013

5 Things (That Made My Day)

Okay, I swear I will write a post about my school and life in Chemnitz (aka glorious Karl Marx Stadt) soon, but as of right now, here are the things that made my day:

1)  It's not cold and the sun was out.  This has been an improvement since the past few weeks.

 photo soundofmusichappy_zps84b4faff.gif

2)  I am confident that I have secured the love/undying admiration/devotion/worship of my 5th graders. A whole group of them fervently wished that their teacher was sick so that way I could teach them. Terrifying, but sweet nevertheless.

 photo conansinsterhappy_zps3d8a2ac7.gif

3)  The discussion I led on The Giver went as well as I could have expected on a Monday morning during first period.  Luckily, a handful of them stepped up and got into it, so it wasn't a total disaster.

 photo serenafistpumpwoot_zps6df671b7.gif

4) My request for a residence permit/visa has been granted and it's being printed by the German government as I type.

 photo happypuppypomeranian_zpsf55d68ef.gif
This fluffy puppy symbolizes my joy at being legally in Germany.
Also the lady in charge of the visa applications told me my German was "perfect", which is totally not true, but still.
 photo bambiflowerbashful_zps0d5ae2d5.gif
Awww shucks.
5)  I successfully made a perfectly delicious banana bread without having any real measuring cups and having to convert into metric. GO ME.

 photo cookiemonsterhappydance_zps3970c66f.gif

Oh, and one last thing - This blog had over 650 pageviews just last month! Wow guys, I feel so loved. Thank you so much for being there for me!  I love writing this blog and I'm glad to know that people love reading it too.

Lots of Love,
Your Humble Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment